In this digital age, the need to connect with viewers on a global scale has become increasingly vital. YouTube, being the largest video-sharing platform provides an opportunity. But, If you want to reach a broader audience, you should consider translating your YouTube videos into other languages. This helps your content reach more viewers globally. In this article, we'll talk about how to auto translate YouTube video, and reveal one tool that makes this process a breeze. Read on!
In this article
YouTube recently launched the auto-translate feature for all videos. Follow the steps below to translate YouTube video into any language:
Go to any YouTube video that you would like to translate.
Turn on Closed Captions by clicking on the CC button at the bottom.
Can you see the auto-generated closed captions in English? Good!
Go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon (as seen above) and click Subtitles/CC.
This will show you all the languages a video is already available in.
Go to Auto Translate and select a language.
For this example, we are selecting Hindi.
As you can see in the screenshot below, subtitles are now auto-translated into Hindi.
That’s all. We hope now you know how auto translate for YouTube works. With this feature, you can translate YouTube video to English, or any other language according to your needs. It’s easy and super helpful for watching content in any language.
Like all good things, auto translate for YouTube captions feature is not without its faults. Below are some of it’s limitations:
- While YouTube is slowly rolling out the feature for all languages, automatic captions still don’t support many regional languages
- If the video is over an hour in length, YouTube's automatic caption software fails to capture the dialogue in an efficient way.
- If the video has a lower audio quality or the dialogue uses a specific word multiple times, it is hard to decipher for the auto-translate AI.
- Long periods of silence at the beginning or end of the video can also throw off the software.
- If a video has multiple speakers with overlapping dialogue, it can confuse the software and make errors in translation.
Wondershare Virbo has been around for a while. You probably already know it because of its revolutionary feature of creating AI avatar videos. But they recently unveiled another fantastic new feature - AI video translation. You can use it as a language translator for YouTube video content.
Why Choose Virbo?
Most AI video translators refer only to subtitles for translation. They translate verbatim and leave out the audio lip-synching from the final product. Virbo is different because it utilizes the latest AI advancements to understand the context of a dialogue, giving you highly accurate and precise results. It also matches the lip-synching to give you synchronized talking videos in a different language. What’s more, you can also set Virbo to proofread the generated text before translation. This removes any unnecessary or repeated words, making your subtitles crisp and concise. You can also download translated subtitles as SRT or TXT files and use them the way you want.
Virbo currently supports translation in the following languages:
English, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Arabic, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Filipino, and Hindi.
How To Use Virbo With YouTube Videos For Auto Translation
If you want to translate YouTube video online with Virbo, there are two ways to proceed, depending on your goal. We will be discussing both of these methods below
Goal 1 - You Want a Translated Synchronized Video
For a translated synchronized video, you can follow these steps:
- Download and install Virbo on your mobile/PC and then run the software/app(Note: You can also use the Virbo online tool)
- On the main page of Virbo, go to the Video Translator tab
- A new window will pop up, asking you to Upload your video. Drag and drop your video content.
- When the video finishes uploading, select Original and Translated languages
- Pick advanced features like Show Translated Subtitles, Keep original BG Music, etc
- Click on the orange Translate button to begin the translation
It will take some time, but the AI Translator Tool will automatically translate and synchronize the translation with the original video. You don’t need to do anything else!
Goal 2: You Want Translated Subtitles for Your Video
if you want translated subtitles of a published video, here’s how to proceed with Virbo:
- Upload the video to Virbo and get the subtitles translated as discussed above
- Next download the SRT or TXT file.
- Now, sign in to your YouTube Studio.
- Next select Subtitles, from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the video that you would like to add subtitles for.
- Tap ADD LANGUAGE and choose your language.
- Now, under subtitles, click on ADD to add your translated subtitles to a published YouTube video.
Easy, right? This is how to auto translate YouTube video into your language.
Whether you want to build brand loyalty or grow your YouTube audience, a video with multilingual subtitles and captions support will help you overcome any language barriers between you and your audience. While you can use the YouTube auto-translate feature, it has its own set of limitations. We recommend Virbo, instead. Virbo is one fantastic tool that can help you auto translate Youtube videos with ease. It’s fast, it’s accurate and gets the job done without any hassle. Plus, it comes with a set of other useful features you can utilize to streamline your content production calendar. So what are you waiting for? Try it now!